Powered By Blogger

Barbaric Expression Headline Animator

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The kite payback.

Every once  a while there is always something that lights us up, that cheers us or just gives us a smile. So i thought i'll do something to light things up a bit. 

Well, recently we had a kite making competition in our office. A colleague and I made a kite, we didn't win a prize for it but i really liked it. Every time i looked at it, I smiled. The kite was really something special for me. We were asked to keep the kites next to our work places. I did but after two weeks the kite was taken away. This made me angry yet i knew there was nothing i could do as i was just an employee. Being an employee is fine but being an employee in a corporate office is equal to being a slave. I'm sure most of the people working in a corporate environment would agree. Well in this anger i wrote down a poem. Hope you like it. 



A picture of Sutharshan and me holding the kite we made.


Got up at eight in the morning
the bed all moist after a hot summer night
the sweat didn't feel irritating
instead I felt nice and bright

I was on my bed
when my phone started ringing
"are you in office ?" a voice said
saw the watch it was nine fifteen
I replied " I'm at work,
came here an hour ago
this is not why we were put on earth
anyway we'll talk later, got to go".
kept the phone aside
decided to shut my eyes
didn't care that i just lied
but couldn't stop time with my lies

got up anyway
with eyes half shut
I start another day
cause I no longer give a fuck
went to the office
signed in the time
team leader gave me a notice
she thought being late was a crime
I said I'll be early
gave a good story for being late
she knew her words did nothing really
and knew what was in my fate

after she left it was nice
I plugged in my headphone
played my favorite track twice
as i signed in and logged on
videos, music and pictures galore
youtube, facebook, gmail
blogs, articles, news and more
+1, like, share, memes and epic fails
I take longer breaks
than the time i work
not cause i don't have what it takes
because i really don't give a fuck
corporate has no employee union
human resource works for the employer
why should the employer have all the fun
hence amount of my input equals the labour
as far as my work goes
I've never crossed a deadline
I'm not rude and have no foes
overall performance is pretty fine
I don't mind the low pay
nor the final output that comes from my art
not even the nine hour loss from my awesome day
It is just that i loved my kite with all my heart

- Salman

No comments:

Post a Comment